Ronce les Bains,
an extraordinary site in Charente Maritime
Located on the Atlantic Coast, sheltered from the island of Oleron,
- 20km of fine sandy beaches, 4 areas of which are supervised, and a zone for naturists.
- There is an average of 2600 hours of sunshine a year, which is the equivalent of the weather on the mediterranean coast.
- There is a forest of 6000 hectares of maritime pines with marked out paths for horse riders and walkers.
- There is also a levelled cycle path + a mountain biking route. DYou can fish in the sea, in the ponds and in the canals.
The most convenient SNCF station is in ROYAN. You will then need to take a taxi or, on certain days, there is a connection on the ROYAN - RONCE les BAINS coach which stops at the gate of the campsite.
Near the campsite, Ile d'Oleron & Charente-Maritime
Fishing ports, nautical bases, sailing station for windsurfing, catamarans, sand yachts.
There are also the estuaries of Gironde, Seudre and Charente. Of course there is also the Palmyre Zoo, the La Rochelle Aquarium and the Musée de l'Huître (Oyster Museum)...
Le Poitou Charente and particularly La Charente Maritime are rich. There are numerous hospices and chapels on the Camino de Santiago, the archeological site of Fâ in Barzan with the town of NOVIOREGUM, the Cordouan lighthouse, the Coubre lighthouse, the famous Fort Boyard, fort Louvois, the towns of Royan, Saintes, Brouage, Talmont and Cognac.
- Huîtres de Marennes Oléron (oysters);
- les Grillons Charentais
- les Mojettes
- seafood platters
- pineaux & cognac
- l'éclade de moules
In town | La Tremblade, Ronce-les-Bains
- 10 municipal tennis courts (2 covered) : 150m
- Horse riding in the forest : 500m
- Circuit and hire of mini-quads : 100m
- Markets every morning : 700m et 5km
- Free trail on the 'Coquille filante' train
- All shops : 800m et 5km
- Cinema : 800m
- Activities, games, balls : 900m
- Permanent fairground during the season : 800m et 8km
- Sailing and yachting schools : 900m et 14km
- Oyster-farming museum : 5km
- Various exhibitions : 800m et 5km
- Supermarkets from : 6km
- Hippodrome : 12km
- Cruises to Fort Boyard, l'île d'Aix and l'île de Ré
- Tasting of : oysters, melons au pineau, mouclades and snails.