Retrospective of camping ACTIV Loisirs Les Pins !
A family campsite in La Tremblade
on the coast of Charente Maritime
This page have no aim other than to explain to our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren what camping is about :
simple, joyful, community-based and full of improvisation and spontaneity: helping each other out is often as much fun as the amusements themselves.
Of course, if when reading through this text or looking at one of these photos you recognise yourself, a parent or a friend, I would be very happy to hear from you.
Unfortunately, during our grandparents' move, the hotel books of the year 1963 as well as subsequent years were lost, so :
- If you or your parents came to the campsite during its first few years,
- If you have photos of the campsite or events that took place close by,
- If you wish to tell me about one or more events that you experienced at the campsite or in Ronce,
- If you want me to correct any of the text or if you don't want to appear in one of the photos,
AContact Gildas and we will sort it out as soon as possible.
Readers, our written testimonials :
Bibliography, books on the region :
- Michel CHAIGNE :
- LA TREMBLADE, RONCE-LES-BAINS ET LA PRESQU'ILE D'ARVERT
- Le Secret De Notre-Dame De Buze,
Les Naufrageurs De Beauregard
De Drames et Marins De La Presqu'Ile D'Arvert-La Tremblade
- La Tremblade : Charente-Maritime, une petite commune côtière
- Jour de fête à La Tremblade
- Il était une fois La Tremblade
- Henri MOREAUE :
- Histoire du Phare de la Pointe de La Coubre
- La tremblade, Ronce-les-bains : Mémoire des lieux, lieux de mémoire
- Mémoire en Images - La Tremblade et la presqu'île d'Arvert
- Le Pêcheur D'Or
- Contes & Légendes de La Tremblade et du Pays d'Arvert
- André LETELIE :
- La Tremblade, Ronce-les-bains, Marennes
- LA COTE SAINTONGEAISE